Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tron Legacy Papercraft: Sam's Identity Disc

Given the fact that I have done papercraft identity discs for every other major character in the Tron universe, you knew it was just a matter of time before I did a paper model of Sam Flynn's identity disc from the upcoming Tron: Legacy movie. ^^ Sam is the son of Kevin Flynn, the lead character in the original Tron movie. Here are some scenes of the disc in action (with some Daft Punk music for atmosphere ^^):


Unlike the previous identity discs I did, which were 1:2 scale, this identity disc is full size. Although the disc may look pretty simple, but it is actually a fairly difficult build. There are two templates in the download, one with folding guide lines and one without. In the photo is my test build of the unlined template built without any folds. If the disc is built with folds I would give the difficulty level a 4 out of 5. Building without folds, I would give it a difficulty level of 5 out of 5! The finished disc is 10" (25 cm) across and 1" (2.5 cm) thick at the widest part. The PDF templates for the disc are available here.