Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Star Trek Papercraft: Medical Tricorder & Scanner

Here's another papercraft from the Star Trek Voyager Elite Force video game. This is the medical tricorder and scanner used by Starfleet medical personnel in the game, including the Emergency Medical Hologram (EMH) doctor. Like the Starfleet PADD papercraft I did previously, the textures on this model are a little too grainy for my liking, but since I thought this model would interest enough people I went ahead and posted it. If I had the time, I would pull the PDF into Photoshop and redo the textures. The template info is as follows:

Scale: 1:1
Finished Size:
* Tricorder - 3.5" (8.9 cm) x 8" (20.3 cm)
* Scanner - 4" (10.2 cm)
Number of sheets: 2
Number of parts: 6
Difficulty: 1/5
Download

A while back, I had a request to do a standard Starfleet tricorder papercraft, but I found that the 3D model in Elite Force is really rough and doesn't look much like the tricorders from the Voyager television show. So, unfortunately, this medical version is the best I will be able to do in the way of tricorder papercraft.

Previous Star Trek papercraft posts:
Hirogen Shuriken
Terran Empire Knife
Starfleet PADD
Klingon Knife
Hypospray
Borg Cube